Happy birthday to Jeffrey Straight... He must turn 26 today - he is getting old too, just like me!
Sad to say - I do not own the book Waking the Dead but I definitely will be purchasing it. I have nothing to say really so .... here are a few of a million good quotes that I wrote down...
"After a while, the accumulation of event after event that we do not like and do not understand, erodes our confidence that we are part of something grand and good and reduces us to a survivalist mind-set..."
"Life is brutal. day after day it hammers us, till we lose sight of what God intends toward us, and we haven't the foggiest idea why the things that are happening to us are happening to us...we need eyes to see... Jesus, take away the fog and the clouds and the veil, and help me to see...give me eyes to really see."
"We are at war...the world in which we live is a combat zone, a violent clash of kingdoms, a bitter struggle unto death. Until we come to terms with war as the context of our days we will not understand life."
"A war against your heart... and you are going to need your whole heart for what's coming next. I don't mean what's coming next in the story...I mean what's coming next in the life you're living!"
Have a great day!
1 comment:
Well, it's December 20th!! Time for a little update? Can't wait to have you home for a WEEK! And you won't have to cart me to the doctor's or the ER like you did last year!!! Thank the Lord for that!
Love you both!
Post a Comment