Matt & I went skiing on Saturday at Perfect North Slopes - in Lawrenceburg, Indiana. It had been a great week (weather wise) to go skiing. Finally, winter is here. :-) We went with a group from GBS. We especially enjoyed helping 1st timers, Brenda & Aaron Herring, master this skill. She took some great pictures and posted them on her blog. Matt & I are thinking about driving to West Viriginia to ski at Snowshoe this coming Saturday. It is going to be another great week of skiing weather. Yeah. Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow!
For your amusement - at the expense of my pride... I will share this little story. I have this habit of not really knowing the words of a song but singing whatever it sounds like. My sister always laughs at me for this. Well, recently, actually yesterday - I realized that I have always been singing a certain chorus wrong. In my defense, I don't believe I have ever seen these words in print or I would have remembered them... because I am a visual learner. Also, I don't really know this chorus all that well. The song says, "It's not by our means, nor by the works of man but by the...." All 26 years of my life I thought it was, "IT'S NOT BY ARMIES, Nor by the works of man..." I really think it fits just as well. And it sounds exactly the same!!! OUR MEANS - ARMIES??!!??!! Maybe I'll write a new chorus with those lyrics. ha ha ha.
11 comments:
Well Tara, I always thought that it was ARMIES too, in fact, I still do. I've probably never seen it in print either, but choruses are usually just passed around, so who really knows. I actually think it makes MORE sense!! Or maybe I just don't want to think that I've sung it wrong for all these years either!!!
Love you!
Okay - this is hilarious, but I thought it was "armies" as well. I am howling over here. I think all three of us (you, your mom and I) are incredibly smart people so maybe. Surely we couldn't be wrong!!!
Oh, that is just hilarious.
Later, Gator!
Myranda
Well, no wonder I sang it wrong. I sat beside my mother for 18 years and listened to her sing it wrong. ha ha ha. Well, it makes me feel better that I am not alone. Maybe our chorus books are wrong. :-) And the three of our are right.
Hey don't feel bad. Jay said the exact same thing to me while we were singing. Rachael E leaned back and said she thought it was "armies" also. So you are not alone! GRIN
We always sang it "armies" also but I did learn a few years ago that it is supposed to be "our means" but your right either one seems to fit.
Hello :-) I'm probably older than all of you, and I've never heard it any other way than "It's not by armies..." So, I'm leaning toward a mistake in your chorus book?? Maybe you'll trace it back to its roots for us, Tara? Love you both...
Hello, there. You don't know me, but Matt might remember me from Gravette Holiness Bible School days. I was good friend with a couple of his sisters. Did he recuperate okay from the torture or was the therapy too expensive? =) We weren't too hard on him I don't think. I am Brenda Herring's first cousin and that's how I found your post, your pic, your blog...thanks for keeping Brenda, uh, well, all in one piece at least! Take care and, oh, one more thing...have you ever heard of www.holinessmusic.com? =)
A P.S. to the previous post...I've heard the song both ways! I'm sure you're not the only one in that boat!
Well, Tara I am in the same boat as you, and I like armies better!! :-)
I've always heard "armies". Could it be in the chorus book wrong? After all, we can't ALL be wrong. I will have to check it out at church next time. I didn't even look at the xhorus book...I was happily singing "armies".
I always thought it was "armies" too.
Post a Comment