Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Christmas Pix

Christmas Morning at Mom's


Mom's lovely tree... especially the garland. :-)


New tennis rackets

A money machine...

The Straight Clan Christmas
After everyone has Christmas at their own homes all of my mom's brothers and sisters, their children, and now grandchildren all gather for delicious monkey bread, presents, and dinner. This year nearly everyone was home except Tony, Jenn, and newborn baby Brandon. It was a really great time. I love getting to go home and visit all my family. I believe that we had about 35 at my Uncle Kendall's house for gifts.

Uncle Kendall reads the Christmas story.
Baby Jordan
Aunt Mern - her plaque says "Old age ain't for sissies."

My mom is obviously excited about her box of BBQ Beef... ha ha.
Uncle Randy and his grandson Matthew

Uncle Jeff & Justin

Jeffrey & Tina

Uncle Don & Aunt Wendy

I had April's name... I made her dollar bill origami.
So, usually we have dinner at my Uncle Kendall's house. But, this year we were busting out of the seams. Our dinner is usually open to other people other than just our family. So, for our dinner - I think we were pushing 50. Anyway - dinner was held at a hall this year. Just as good as any other year. Much eating. And eating.




Games......

And for the "Senior Citizens".... Puzzles.
(Yes, I think Uncle Kendall qualifies as senior citizen since he is retired, right?)


A happy family is but an earlier heaven.-- John Bowring

A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it. -- George Moore

Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family: Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one. -- Jane Howard

Families are like fudge... mostly sweet with a few nuts. -- Author Unknown

You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them.
-- Desmond Tutu

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Tara, what a beautiful post! You almost brought me to tears, and a nice collection of some very lovely pictures, I wonder who the GREAT photographer was!!!

Love you lots!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tara and Matt - we sure did pack a lot into a few days, didn't we? A lovely baby shower, gathering for gifts, and Christmas dinner at the Fire Hall. Thanks for the gifts :-). I thank God for the "gift" of the great family He has given me! I enjoy your posts - keep up the good work, Tara... Lots of love