Saturday, April 05, 2008

WHY DID I WAIT????

I just have to say, "WHY DID I WAIT!!!!" Wait for what - you may ask?? I have heard about Google reader and understood the concept but never bother to check it out. I was kind of lazy about it. WOW - if you like to check people's blogs.... Google Reader is a MUST! (Click on the link to sign up.)

I just need to mention a church that is worthy of accolades. We visited a church with my sister on Sunday evening on the east side of Cincinnati. I am debating if I should mention the name of the church on my blog. I received FIVE cards/letters in the mail from that church this week. I must say - that is pretty impressive - especially considering that it is definitely smaller than the church that I currently attend. Would people visiting my church receive that much in the mail after visiting? Do we even get their name & address? Hmmmm....... I am not "dogging" my church so please don't get offended or anything... I do not wish to have "debates" on my blog/comments.

And as a side note - this is the book that I am currently reading. If you have not read ANYTHING by John Eldredge... YOU MUST TAKE THE TIME!!! He has a heart for God and incredible intimacy with God. His books are thought provoking and yet significantly "easy reads" (as I would term them). I have read most of his books. I would suggest starting with "Waking the Dead." Two other excellent books of his are Wild at Heart and Captivating. I will post some EXCELLENT quotes from this book soon! :-)

Happy Saturday!

2 comments:

Patty said...

I love google reader but ironically your blog is not set up for the feed so I can't read yours on google reader!

Kelly S said...

Okay, now you've motivated me. I've heard of google reader too but keep putting it off. I'll have to check it out.