Emily had her 6 month pictures taken yesterday. I think all the big bright lights give her stage fright. She wasn't fussy but wasn't over smiley either. Oh - well. We got a few cute pictures.
This is not a joke!! I saw a lady wearing a side ponytail yesterday. I was like... wow... no way... it's making a comeback?!!! ha ha. Just kidding. I thought..... hmmm..... maybe no one told her Halloween (& her 80s look) ended Friday night!
Is there such a thing as "Mother Therapy?" Some days - I really think that I need some. I suppose it comes from being a perfectionist (sort of). I feel like I have so many questions ... about baby & life & training. Maybe - I have to chill out. I suppose ... at times like this... it is beneficial to be more sanguine. Fly by the seat of your pants. Easier to let your house be a mess. Let the dishes pile up. Skip doing the load of spit-up/poopy laundry - EVERY DAY! I am not the carefree person that I used to be. I feel like life is more serious - busy - and exhausting. . Some of you are probably chuckling right now (and that is totally fair) - since you have two or three children. I know that I do not have a right to comment on feeling t-i-r-e-d. I feel like I just need a mental vacation. How does that happen? Can that happen without physically leaving my house? If you have the secrets of life & motherhood... do share. You are welcome to e-mail me - instead of commenting.

Therapy is some form is on the way via my new journal. (Thanks to CT for the idea.) I used amazon gift card to buy this book. I AM SOOOO excited about the insane things in there. And wouldn't you know the book is dedicated to perfectionists. Hmmm..... Click on it to - go to amazon and see a few pages.

Thoughts from DUCKY: (compliments of my crazy sister)
| |
| | |
| |
|
|
| |
| | I signed up for an exercise class and was told to wear loose fitting clothing. If I HAD any loose fitting clothing, I wouldn't have signed up in the first place! |
| When I was young we used to go 'skinny dipping,' now I just 'chunky dunk.' | |
| |
Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference. |
| Wouldn't it be nice if whenever we messed up our life we could simply press 'Ctrl Alt Delete' and start all over? AMEN, AMEN !! |
|
| |
Why is it that our children can't read a Bible in school, but they can in prison? |
| Wouldn't you know it.... | |
| | Why do I have to swear on the Bible in court when the Ten Commandments cannot be displayed outside? |
| Bumper sticker of the year: |
|
1 comment:
Love the picture of "Little Stuff" hanging out of the crib - I don't know about that smile? "Look what I can do!"? Can't help you on the motherhood issue, but you'll do fine! :-) Love, Aunt Mern
Post a Comment