Thursday, December 11, 2008

Emily

Emily is at a really really fun stage. She is so happy. I am absolutely in love with her. Sometimes I think I could almost take a chunk right out of her chubby little cheeks. (Hmmm... maybe I shouldn't put that on my blog... anyone out there work for Child Services??... LOL!) She isn't fully crawling yet - she does the army crawl. But, she is pulling herself up to standing.... and then, topples right over. I assume... that God created her with a hard noggin for all these falls. ;-) She must have a high pain tolerance because she rarely cries. Here are a few pictures.

Posing with her awesome New Balance sneaks from Aunt Lois... (Does anyone else say "sneakers"/"sneaks" for tennis shoes? Is that a NY thing?)

I'm a big girl now!!!


Love chewing on these biscuits! (Why - I don't understand ... because they taste awful... I tried one!)

Emily loves this spot behind the futon because the bar is perfect to use for sitting up and standing.



Question of the day:

How can I lose the rest of my baby weight & probably holiday weight? I know some of you have been members of curves - what did you think of it? Weight watchers? My gym membership just ended - although I did get my money's worth out of it... but it is probably too far away to drive now that I have Emily. So ... I am trying to decide what to do...

3 comments:

Liz said...

Hmmmm . . . this is a really ironic to have a response from me . . . but I am at the same weight I was at my first prenatal visit three children ago . . . :>)

Are you still nursing? I've read that about 7-10 pounds can stick around to make sure you have enough to feed the little princess. . .

But WW has been really great for me when I'm focused on it - need to get back to it now . . . let me know if you do that.

An at home workout I've been doing is T-Tapp - check it out on-line. Just a 15 minute deal that seems to be highly effective . . . works for my schedule with the three darlings running around.

Good luck, but honestly I hadn't noticed any baby fat that you mentioned, just so you know . . .

skier1998 said...

Liz - I hadn't heard of the 7-10 pounds. That makes me feel better. ;-) I am still nursing. I have done WW on my own before - I got the books etc from family. I like it - it is kind of high maintenance though. I was considering WW for the accountability. It would help me skip the piece of cake and go for carrots. ha ha. That's great that you are at Pre-Preg weight. I am impressed.

Leah & Jon said...

Tara, I'm here to tell you that the whole "sneaker" thing is definitely a NY thing! As you know, I am not originally from NY, and was ridiculed for calling them tennis shoes until I gave up and joined the crowd of "sneaker" wearers! Can't believe you just discovered this! Good luck breaking the habit now! :-)

P.S.
Can’t believe how much more of a distinct look Emily is getting now that she’s getting older, but I think she looks a little like Jeff S.’s boys did when they were younger – with the lighter hair and darker eyes! Very cute!