In the song, It's the most wonderful time - why do the lyrics state, "There'll be scary ghost stories and tales ..." Who tells scary ghost stories at Christmas time? The only thing I could come up with is The Christmas Carol - but clearly it is plural meaning more than one story?? Couldn't the author think of something better ... maybe ... " warm family stories and tales of the glories" or "funny old stories and tales of the glories" .... ???
Also - Why are Frosty's first words "Happy Birthday?" My memory of the story is a bit foggy... was it someone's birthday when he comes to life? Otherwise - Why does the song Frosty the Snowman start with "Happy Birthday?" I doubt that Frosty is wishing Baby Jesus "Happy Birthday" .... ???
3 comments:
Hey, I know the answer to one of those! It's Frosty's Birthday since it's the day he was "born". In several of those oddly animated stories (rudolph, etc.) with Frosty and his family, if they get melted and have to be remade, the first thing they say is "Happy Birthday".
The other one perplexes me too. Maybe we should start telling scary stories around the Christmas tree...
Like the mad king who ordered all the babies killed - oh wait, that's the real Christmas story!
lol...I asked Michael about "scary ghost stories" the other day. He suggested the same thing you did... hmmm...
~~~~
I like your new header picture.
joey and i were talking about the ghost stories the other day, too. weird
Post a Comment