
I believe it is long over due for our country to elect an Africian-American leader. I have had many good friends that are of other races. This country we live in doesn't belong to any race over another. It doesn't matter if your black, white, tan. As Christians, we should be color blind. God certainly is. People teach children the song, "Jesus loves the little children... red, brown, yellow, black, or white" - but out of the same mouth tell a racist joke. "My brethren, these things ought not to be this way." James 3:10b NASV.
Does this mean that I support everything President Obama stands for? Absolutely not. But, I believe his position requires respect. And that I certainly will give him. Our country certainly does need change. Will he bring about the kind of change we need... only time will tell. I serve a big and mighty God who can use anyone. "but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong." I Corinthians 1:27 NASV. So, let's pray for our nation and our new president. Regardless of how you feel about him, he certainly has his work cut out for him.
Where I would like to be today......
6 comments:
I have some reservations about our new President, and would hope that being African-American wasn't the only reason for his election! But, the Scripture does require that we pray for all that are in authority (and I do pray for him). Romans 13:1 reminds us that "the powers that be are ordained of God." It's good to know that ultimately He is in control. I love the picture on here of Emily in her high-chair! :-) Love to all, Aunt Mern
Well said, Tara!! and I would have loved to have been in DC today also. My mother-in-law is there and I am looking forward to hearing her version. :-)
Yes, I am proud to be an American, even today!!
Hey, I agree with you completely! Also, I don't know if you got my other comment but Kara's birthday is April 17th. Awesome!
Hey Tara! I wasn't in Washington DC but I did watch some of the festivities at school. It was a very impressive ceremony! Grandpa would have loved it! Everything was very well orchestrated. And while I may not agree with everything he stands for, with God ultimately in control, who knows what could happen. We do owe him our respect and our prayers! You said it very well. Love you!
Aunt Rach
My first email to our new President to share my concern over his initial agenda was very respectful, and any additional contact will be made that way as well. I am terribly disappointed with some of the early indications of the direction in which Mr. Obama's leadership will take us, but I will continue to pray for our government.
But, much of the responsibility lies on our shoulders as Christians - we need to actively engage the society in which we live so that we flavor and preserve the world with salt, as we were instructed to do in the Bible! We can't just sit back, cast our conservative vote, and point fingers; there's much more for us to do.
I think it is sad that people have focused on the historical side of it and hardly mention the sadness of electing one if not the most liberal president ever! I think it was a sad day!!!!! God help our country for electing a liberal president who already is showing how unBiblical he is! Jason
Post a Comment