Wednesday, February 18, 2009

sadness

Dear Baby Straight,

We loved you us from the minute your little life began. You brought us hope and excitement at what the future would hold. We had plans and dreams for you. We all thought of times we would spend with you in the future. Our new niece/nephew, cousin, son/daughter ... you were an answer to prayer. Formed. Fashioned. Created by God. But, you were so special... God chose to take you home. God wanted you to live in the beautiful home of heaven. We will miss never getting to look into your eyes. Hold your little finger. Hear your little cries and coos. We trust God and His plan. He knows what is best. Although our hearts ache and tears fall down our cheeks, we know that God is always good. And we love Him and trust Him. Someday, we will be meet you in heaven.

Love,
Your Family

p.s. Give Grandma & Grandpa Straight a big hug & kiss from us. We miss them so much.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful words Tara, I hadn't even thought yet about Grandma and Grandpa having a new baby up there to love!

The Lazy Philosopher said...

Bring the Rain

Myranda said...

Oh, Tara! I am so so sorry for the whole family. One of the toughest things to go through. We will be praying.

Love to all of you,
Myranda

Tim and Kristina said...

So sorry Tara...thinking of your family. From experience this is one of the hardest things to go through...you and your family are in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Tara Joyce - such a wonderful way with words! I couldn't have said it nearly as well, but you covered so much. Tears ran down my cheeks as I read this special tribute. I don't know if I can print it or not, but I'm going to try. I HAD thought about this baby joining the other little one, and it's wonderful they have grandparents there to welcome them! I'm just now checking blogs - I've IM'd, e-mailed, and talked on the phone most of the morning (and now part of the afternoon, as well). These kind of emotional times always leave me with the difficulty of "concentration", so I just take the time to contact friends and loved ones. Didn't mean to write a book :-(. Love you all lots..xx's & prayer, Aunt Mern

Janella Thompson said...

I don't really know you...but my cousin is Regina...just went thru the same thing just not to long ago. As an outsider my heart goes out to you. I can only imagine the emotion that you are going thru. The Letter was beautiful and well said. My prayers are with you and your family as you go thru this hard time of loss.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful words-encouraging words. I,too, thought of Mom Straight in heaven holding this little one. We must keep believing that God knows best. Helen Horner