Friday, September 29, 2006

Brrrrr!!!!!!!!!! B-day cont.

Well, there is nothing like waking up to 40 degree weather. I need my thermals. ha ha. My only cosolation is coffee. (Maybe I'll blog about coffee someday.)

I have had a crazy cold now for about a week. Now - I am only in the hacking and coughing stage. So, the end is in sight.

Matt brought a Starbucks (my addiction) home for me on my birthday. And then he made me breakfast -my favorite (ham, egg, cheese, on an english muffin). He had balloons and lavender roses (my favorite) on the table. He bought me a GBS hoodie... which is significant. I said quite a while ago that it would be nice it have one. So, he remembered which is quite impressive. He did well. Anyway. He wanted to take me on the Purple People Bridge Climb - but it was closed. So, instead he took me shopping for new rollerblades and/or a harness for rapelling. We ended up finding both for pretty good prices AND they both are gray with light purple. So, I will look so cute while I am rapelling and blading. :-) I also picked up a few other things. It was fun. I wasn't feeling the best that day with my cold and all so I needed a low key day. Later, we walked down around the corner to a restaurant in Newtown that we haven't tried yet, The Iron Skillet. It was really nice. After which, we tried out my new blades on the rails to trails by our house. :-)

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Kudos to Matt!! He's a good guy, even if he is a little weird!! : ) I'm glad you had a good birthday!! I hope you feel better soon!! Take lots of drugs because...they are our friends!! LOL!! Love you loads and...only 35 days till I see you again!! YEAH!!! Love you "BUNCHES OF LUNCHES!!!"

Belle said...

I would love to be there when you rollerblade and go rapelling at the sametime! :-)
Very cool birthday presents!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tara Joyce - this has nothing to do with your blog, but THANKS for the cute card!! I love it, you did a great job picking that one out!

I AM glad you had a happy birthday - Matt is a good "kid"!

Love you both! See you in a couple weeks!