Monday, October 02, 2006

I am alive. Wow!

Hello People. I just wanted to share the most bizarre and scary thing that has happened to me recently. Yesterday, I had to work on the nursing home until 6:30. I was on my way home on the interstate 75 south. I was driving along listening to the radio and I see this car facing me up ahead. I first thought that this white car had been in an accicent and spun around the wrong way. Then, I looked and NO! The car is rapidly speeding toward me at 80 some miles per hour. So, I quickly get over a lane and thankfully - there wasn't a car there because I am sure I didn't take time to look. And the car sped past me the wrong way. Everyone slowed down ... and up ahead there was a car that this maniac had already hit. I am not sure if he hit the car and was getting away. Or if he had already been driving the wrong way and then, hit the car. INSANE!!! Is all I have to say. So, the best part of my story is that... then, I tried to call 911 regarding the man driving the wrong way..... and I was ON HOLD!!!!! Hmmmm.... that doesn't seem like a good system to me. My only comfort was maybe ... everyone else on the interstate had the same idea of calling the police. So, the lines were jammed.

HELP! GET ME OUT OF THE CONCRETE JUNGLE!!! ha ha.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Mom told me about that!! What a wacko!! See the moral of that story would be...Tara & Matthew McCasland should move to PA in order to be safe AND to be closer to the Powell Siblings (and a McCasland sibling)!!! Love you!! Thanks for the cute card!!

Anonymous said...

I think that they should move to New York and help in the church here!! Tiff should come home too! We have banks here to work in. They you would all be closer to your wonderful families.

Anonymous said...

SURE, I'll vote for New York too, but I'd probably settle for Pennsylvania!

Anonymous said...

Hey! you Powell girls are having quite the time!! That WOULD be scary, for sure. You'e probably right - everyone was probably trying to report this guy! Glad you arrived home safe (and sound??) Love you both. Bye the way, Tara, did your b'day present arrive? I use Cincinnati for an address, but you seem to refer to Newtown (or something like that - didn't check). Let me know if my address is ok.