Monday, September 11, 2006

Where were you?

I was sitting in class at GBS. I think it was Educational Psychology. Kristen - being the ADD person that she is - left to go to her room. Returning to class, I will never forget her expression and look on her face. She was pale and out of breath. (But, she is very much a "talk radio person" and get all worked up about politics etc. anyway). She told me that the Twin Tower had been hit by plane and then, a second plane. I don't remember immediate emotion. I needed more informaton. Later I realized the seriousness of these events. Later, I had to work downtown and was a little afraid. Dr. Allan Brown read to all of us a prayer from Daniel about how to pray for the sins of a nation. Not sure of the chapter. I have it marked in my other Bible.

Thank God for freedom. Thank God for His mercy and protection on our nation thus far because we certainly (as a whole) are not worthy or deserving of it.

So, where were you when you heard the news on September 11th? What were your initial reactions/emotions/thoughts?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi - I was at my kitchen window and heard that a plane had struck the first tower - I assumed it was a pilot error, but a bit later when I heard about the second one, it was clear that something was going on. I was stunned as I listened to the reports from then on. It was an absolutely serene and beautiful Adirondack day here, and I could hardly grasp that there was so much devastation and horror just a few hundred miles away. Yes, we should thank God for His mercy on America, though we have not continued to seek Him as a nation. Help us, Lord! Aunt M.

Anonymous said...

I was at school, of course! I was walking down the hall to go to the office when one of the other teachers in the building came out of her room and said there had been a terrorist attack and that someone had flown a plane into one of the twin towers. I immediately went back to my room and hooked up a TV. I did not have any students as we were still testing. I felt like all I wanted to do was gather my family around me and stay in my house. I remember wanting so badly to go to the High School and just find my boys and put my arms around them!! Thank God for His mercy and grace!! Love you!!