Good morning! I have nothing but random disjointed thoughts to post today - so bear with me.
* First, I spoke too soon about loving this weather. I enjoy the snow. But, zero degrees and negative numbers do not thrill my heart or my freezing cold body. I already have a hard time staying warm in the winter. Matt could survive with 55 degrees in our house. I like it piping hot. So - the fun started this morning when Matt came home from work (he works 3rd shift right now) and he tried to brush his teeth. :-( AND OUR PIPES WERE FROZEN!!! That's what happens when you have an old house. The main water line is under a crawl space instead of going directly in the basement. (or something like that.) So, Matt was/is frustrated about that. I sent him to bed. Doesn't sleep make our problems go away? ha ha. Then, I made him breakfast in bed. :-) Last night, I made three small loaves of banana bread and one little heart shaped one. So, that was part of his breakfast. I was also very thankful that I started my dishwasher last night after baking. Dirty dishes would bother me. So far this morning I have only tried about 10x to get water. I am a little thick in the head. ha ha.
* Second, hmmm.... Well, the Superbowl was an interesting game. First, of all there were two Christian coaches - I thought that was really cool. Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy are both Christians. Of the two teams - I was rooting for the COLTS. I think that Peyton Manning deserved to win a Superbowl. But, I have never seen so many fumbles. It was hysterical. I guess that's what happens when you play in POURING RAIN! ha ha. When Tony Dungy won the Championship game against the Patriots & when he won the Superbowl - he gave credit to God. No bad mouthing the other coach, swearing, etc... that's the way to do it. "He does things the right way," Dungy said of Smith after the Colts and Bears each won their conference championship games. "No profanity, no intimidation, just helping his guys the best he can—and that's the way I try to do it. I think it's great that we're able to show the world not only that African-American coaches can do it, but Christian coaches can do it in a way that we can still win." Amen to that. Now, if only politicians could learn that. ha.
* Third, I am going to Stars on Ice tonight. Yeah. That will be fun. Unless - this huge snow storm causes a change in my plans. Hmm... that will be interesting. Rain - Sleet - Snow - Hail - I will be down there at the arena mainly to get my money's worth. I suppose they would have to refund our money if it is cancelled. If not, I may be the only person there. ha ha ha. Cincinnati shuts down for 1 inch of snow.
* I am contemplating creating more interactive posts. So, LOOK OUT Cyberspace! ha ha.
3 comments:
Well I am not sure about the 1 inch of snow. I think it is more like 4 inches out there now. I just sat in the car for 2 1/2 hours trying to get home from my job about 13 miles away. How nice!
We were rooting for the Colts also.
Ditto on the cold weather. I love snow, but would like it much better at 30 degrees instead of 2 degrees. We were thrilled that the Colts won too! :-)
Yay, Colts!!
So sorry to hear about your pipes being frozen. Nathan's brothers pipes were frozen this morning as well. 8=(
How was Stars on Ice? If I would have lived closer I would have been there as well!
Can't wait for the "More interactive" posts!
LAter!
Post a Comment