Well, Spring is in full swing here. I am thoroughly enjoying getting outside to walk & bike on the trail near our house. BUT, I have one complaint about spring. It pertains to a certain tree... that STINKS so bad. It makes me want to gag. Or rip off my nose. Or something drastic.
Bradford pear (Pyrus calleryana ‘Bradford’) is a beautiful (TO THE EYE) white flowering tree that has gained popularity in the past 20 years. They are apparently very disease resistant adn free of insect problesm. So they are often used to line streets and I've noticed them in newer housing developments. (GAG - A WHOLE STREET FULL...someone get a bucket!) "These flowers, unfortunately, have an unpleasant fragrance." This is a drastic understatement. Maybe some people actually cannot smell this tree the way that I do. I mean.... curdled milk, smelly socks, sweaty gym lockers, dirty diapers - that doesn't even do justice to the putrid smell pouring out of this tree.
Any comments?
This post is dedicated to those people who faithfully complain when my blog is not updated! (Namely Myranda & Tiffany)
7 comments:
Hi Tara,
Great to hear from you. Yes, Tif is behaving, because we make her. hehe...No she is great. I am going to miss her when she comes to visit you. You take good care of her. I am sure that you guys are going to have a blast.
Yes I understand what you mean about the girls at Home Depot. :) Glad that you were able to get that out and that you feel better.
Have a great day!
Andrea
Aww...dedicated to me?? How sweet!! Thanks, Tara...for that, I'll keep up on my complaints!! One more thing...sorry about the trees!! Hahahahaha!!!
Hi Tara - been checking both yours and Tiff's sites - thought maybe we'd have pictures and updates of your weekend together :-). I'll keep checking.. Love to both!
Okay - i'm getting worried. Where are you? It's been a long time since you have updated - hope everything is okay. Maybe I should call.
Oh, wait - is Tiffany still at your house? I bet she is and you are just leaving the rest of us hanging...
Hey! I'm still checking :-). I'm also wondering how your knee is doing?? Love to both....
Hey thanks for the comment. *Cough, where's the update???
So the first week or so of May huh? Sounds wonderful, just let me know and I'll see what I'm doing that weekend.
So how's life since your blog has been so unrevealing into these matters... ;)
I agree...how could something so beautiful smell so putrid? Just discovered you on Char's blog. It's good to catch up and see what you all are up to.
Post a Comment