Sunday, October 28, 2007

.....(Insert Creative Title Here)......

Well, on Friday morning at 2:00 am I was sound asleep when my sister appeared over my bed saying, "Hey - I'm here." Apparently I looked back and forth from Matt to her several times before it actually sunk in. Then, I said, "Hey what are you doing here?" Anyway - Tiff came out for the weekend to surprise me. And surprised I was - I hadn't been the least bit suspicious. (So, she could have saved herself from telling a few "fibs." ) ha ha. Anyway. I had a great weekend with Tiff. Also, she BROUGHT HER LAPTOP!!! She is my lifesaver. So, I accomplished several things online. And I quickly drafted out our budget for November. I owe her BIG TIME!!!!

On another very positive note, at least for me, I have been feeling very well. I think that I may have survived my first trimester. I only actually got sick about 5 or 6 days but every day I would feel queasy at some point. I have had FOUR DAYS without the least little twinge of queasiness. Hallelujah! It is amazing. I feel so much more normal. Hopefully, this isn't just a fluke and I start feeling "yuck" again.

There is so much I could tell you. The other night - I went to bed only to be awakened by very loud thumps... something crashing down my basement stairs. I groggily walked to the basement stairs. Matt flashed me his best smile. All by himself, (he would never get help) he is attempting to slide this 700 lb cast iron wood burning furnace down the basement stairs. Thankfully it had wedged itself crooked in the stairway to stop it. Matt informed me that he realized that once it starts sliding he cannot stop it. I offered to help but know I will not be that useful. He asked me to stand there and "watch." I guess to be ready to call 911 when this furnace smashes him to the ground??!!??!! Needless to say - it takes awhile to maneuver it so it is no longer stuck. And buddy boy - that sucker started sliding again only this time it veered off to the left side and smashed through a drain pipe (causing loud cracking and smashing sounds). Everything happened so fast that I expected to see Matt all bloody and pinned under this monster of iron. But, it kind of gets wedged again about 2 feet from the bottom. My adrenaline is certainly pumping by now and I bust up laughing because it's either laugh or cry to release the tension. (And I am not much of a cry-er.) I also forgot to mention that as this sucker slides down the steps it puts significant gouges in them. In the end, Matt got our burner down in the basement. He was very happy with his purchase. It was very cheap. And I believe him when he says that it will last forever. There is no way that anything could hurt this big iron beast. So, we want to try to heat with wood this winter. At this point, I'll take any kind of heat. MY HOUSE IS FREEZING!!! Flannels and sweatshirts... a couple pairs of socks...... I think Tiffany went into hypothermia this weekend. She may need to be hospitalized.

Okay. Well. I have some other good stories but that will have to do for now. Check back in - I'll try to post even though my little laptop is going to the computer hospital. I think he might MAKE IT!!!!! The computer docs have given me hope!!!

3 comments:

Regi said...

Why do guys always try to do things by themselves? It does make for some interesting stories, but really....

Anonymous said...

Why do men even THINK they can do what would probably be at least a three man job, all by themselves??!Quite often it seems to turn out ok - thank the Lord He overlooks their folly :-). I hope the heater is still useable after thumping and bumping down the stairs. Glad you're feeling better, Tara - I can't believe how the countdown seems to get lower so quickly. Glad you're back bloggin'! Love to both...

Myranda said...

So great to hear from you - glad everyone and everything is okay. Men!!...that is all I have to say!

Glad you're feeling better - I certainly hope it is the end of nausea for you!