Tuesday, October 30, 2007

At the Library

Well, still no computer. But, I ventured out to the library because it is WARM here. At 1:30 my house was still only at about 55 degrees. Can I get a little sympathy? ha ha. Anyway....

I am getting rid of two boxes of books. I figure - if I haven't read them a second time or even a 1st time in the past 3 years..... I can probably get rid of it. Most were textbooks but it is so hard to part with all that knowledge and reference material. But, for the sake of space in our house - I did eliminate some from my library.

Also, I ran across an organizational problem. I take notes in church and sunday school... not to stay awake. But, it is actually quite automatic... apparently I am a well trained student - thanks to the teachers at Massena Public School. :-) But, I have a hard time knowing what to do with them... they float around for a while and then get placed somewhere. Well, since moving my latest mantra (seriously - ask matt) is that "It needs a permanent home." There is no point in putting it there if we will move it again in 6 months. So, anyway - I ended up creating a file in our filing cabinet for all my notes, etc. Do you take notes? What do you do with them? By the time I am in my 50-60s this will be a huge file. :-)

well, toodles! Gotta run. Don't expect any e-mails from me. But, please leave me a comment or two. :-)

p.s. I am ready for Christmas. I bought a new cd and have been listening to it. Yeah!!

8 comments:

Regi said...

Nope, just too early for Christmas music just yet, but we are getting close. Thanks for hanging out with us Sunday night. It was fun and we should definitely do it more often.

jeff said...

I believe it is only 57 more days until Christmas!

Becky Hallenbeck said...

Hey. I found your blog. I enjoy reading it. I'm trying to keep up with mine. Check it out if you want. It is www.hallenbeckhousehold.blogspot.com

Talk to you soon.

Becky

Leah & Jon said...

As a matter of fact, we did enjoy our yummy cookie!! :) A big glass of milk - mmm... Jon just finished the last two last night.

I'm with you on Christmas! I absolutely can NOT wait!! We've been listening to our Christmas music for a while now! We also just bought two new CDs while we were out Christmas shopping Mon. evening!

Belle said...

I understand the note taking, and I still don't have a good spot for mine (or Michael's)...although, it has come to a screeching halt with kids. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. Getting rid of books. I just can't seem to bring myself to do it. As a result, I will probably not be able to get into my apartment in a few years. Good question about the notes. Not sure how to handle those either. Wow, such difficult issues. I'm also excited about Christmas, but I'm trying to hold off on the Christmas music a bit longer. It seems to keep it a bit more special for me. Blessings!

Liz said...

No sympathy on the weather - we're in the mid 70's here! I'm really aching for some cool weather!

Church notes - you could start a sermon notes binder and just add them every Sunday. I've kept lots of notes over the years (laced with much doodling) and have really been encouraged going back over them (the sermon notes, not the doodling) later.

Sorry didn't get to see you (or your tummy!) much at church in KY! I was hoping to give you and the new little one a squeeze, but I missed you both times!

Anyway, hope you're doing well. And yes, I'm voting for Christmas music!
Lizzy

june75 said...

Tara,
It was nice to find your blog. Congratulations on being pregnant. Its not fun growing out of your normal clothes. Kids are great though. Check out my blog as well.It is ramsay4@blogspot.com.