Thursday, May 08, 2008

For all the mothers out there....

"The moment a child is born,
the mother is also born.
She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never.
A mother is something
absolutely new."

Well, I suppose I am a three week old mother. :-) I actually read something really good yesterday... wanted to share it. This is for all the real mothers out there - I am just a beginner. ha ha.

Taken from "Daily Wisdom for Mothers" by Michelle Adams

"Sometimes being a mom is a lonely gig. Before my children were born, I was quite the social butterfly, fluttering my way to social event after social event. After Abby and Ally came along, I was lucky to get a shower by noon. So I lost contact with a lot of those social friends - the ones you only see at events. And some of my dearest buddies from college sort of ditched me once I was a mom. After all, they were still single and living a totally different life.... So I cried out to God for a friend. That's when I heard that still, small voice say, 'I'm your friend.' WOW! I'd totally forgotten that I had a friend in Jesus.... So if you're feeling isolated and friendless today, look up. You've got a friend in Him. I'm thankful for His friendship today."


3 comments:

Patty said...

Motherhood is definitely a different stage in life but it is a great one! I remmeber that people used to tell me to enjoy them while they are little because they grow up so quick. I am finding it so true.
The new pictures of Emily are adorable. She gets cuter and cuter.

Anonymous said...

A nice post Tara, motherhood is TRULY the best experience EVER!!! You may be only a "beginner" but that's where we all started, and I KNOW you'll become an old pro within a very short time!

Love you lots and miss you all!

Anonymous said...

Hi - I love that bit about a mother being "born". I read it just recently - might have been on one of your cards or something you had when we were there? I'm waiting for my macaroni and cheese to cook so I can have supper :-). I decided I wanted to cook something and that's what I had all the ingredients for.... Have a very happy Mother's Day. Love to all, Aunt Mern