Monday, October 30, 2006

Monday and I have a headache

Good Morning,

Well, I guess it has been awhile since I posted to my blog. We have our counter and a working sink in our kitchen. Yeah. This weekend - we sorted out of Kitchen boxes and put that stuff away. It's strange that it's been a year since I used some of that stuff. I guess that I am going to have to start cooking. No more excuses. :-) It is nice to be rid of a few more boxes. There are still alot of small details to do in the kitchen. STAY TUNED!! I am going to try to post some pixs either at a friend's house or this weekend at Tony's.

So, I was thinking about Halloween since all the stuff is out in the stores. I tried to remember things that I dressed up as: nurse, clown, princess, Queen Esther, punk rocker, - that's all I could remember. I remember Uncle Randy and Uncle Jeff were usually our trick or treat chaperones. Strangely enough in NY - your halloween costume had to fit over your winter coat. I do remember snow one year.

Our senses are interesting. I remember that the hallway in high school where I took my typing class - always triggered a memory. Now, I can't exactly remember what it was but the smell would make me think of something.???? I am too old to remember. Anyway - the back stairwell at the nursing has a certain smell. It is hard to describe - maybe a little musty and .... but it is always makes me think of Grandma and Grandpa's camper trailer. I guess I remember the trailers being a little musty smelling or something.... Anyway. Everytime I take those stairs it triggers a good memory. :)

Have a great day!!!

2 comments:

skier1998 said...

I think that I dressed up as raggedy anne once also. Back in the "good old days" our costumes were basically printed garbage bags and the plastic face mask with a string around the back.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tara,

Funny you should mention that, someone at work last night was talking about having spent 30 dollars on a costume for a 4 yr. old, and then he didn't want to wear it, wanted to wear the old one, and was being allowed to, AND couldn't return the 30.00 one! #1) WAY TOO much money to spend for a few hours of use. #2) If I had spent that much money, WHO gives a 4 year old a choice?? "WEAR it or ELSE - NO trick or treating!" Wasn't that easy?

Okay - love you both.