Saturday, June 07, 2008

Post a response!!!!!


Hello Family, Friends, and Lurkers,

I am interested in books/resources that you found VERY helpful with parenting, discipline, child rearing... Not that I am sitting around BORED and needing books to read... but I am a bit of a book fiend. Thanks. Hope to get a good response here. :-)

5 comments:

Katie and the boys said...

Baby Wise I and II by Gary Ezzo and Rober Bucknam. Wesley was sleeping though the night (8pm to 6 am) since 3 months because of this book!

Melanie C. said...

"To Train Up a Child" by Michael & Debi Pearl
"Growing Up God's Way" by John A Stormer (Amazon for a penny!)
"Personality Plus for Parents" by Florence Littauer

NatalieJo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NatalieJo said...

Madi's Mama said...
I guess I'm a "lurker"! :) I don't even know who you are (but I THINK I may have went to a Youth Camp with your husband years ago in Ochelata OK ??), but I have ran across your blog a few times, and this post caught my eye, because I have wanted to post something similar on my blog and never have@! I too LOVE books, though don't take alot of time to ready, So..I am going to mark you in my favorites and check back to see what responses you get! I will say that I also ready Baby Wise, before my daughter was born and I felt like it helped me in some ways to plan how we were going to handle some things regarding routine, eating & sleeping. But I also remember distinctly feeling torn between wanting to hold her and feeling like I needed to lay her down so that she learned to go to sleep on her own. I read some very negative reviews about the book online. I realized that it is a delicate balance, and that those days of infancy pass so quickly, that I would never look back and say "I held my baby too much". She does go to sleep very well on her own, and I feel like reading that book helped us to achieve that.
Sorry for the book here!!
Good Luck & enjoy your little one!!!

jeffjr3 said...

The Happiest Baby on the Block I have heard is good to help with a fussy baby. (or one with colic?) Not sure if Emily has trouble with either, but just a suggestion.