Monday, June 02, 2008

We're back


Well, we had a great trip to NY. Emily was great in the car. My sister Tiffany was a big help giving her a bottle as we traveled. It took us the "normal" 12 hours to drive there. Crazy. I know. But, we are used to that length of a trip. I have tons of pictures to post but I am going to start with Emily's dedication - since some of you asked about it. :-) But, then some of my other posts like my cousin's wedding will be chronologically out of order. That will bother me - (I think I have a touch of OCD) - but I will do it for my faithful blog readers.

All in all - we are doing well adjusting to being parents. I have had two rough experiences trying to shop with a screaming child. Is that just me? Or does it happen at random to all parents? :-) So, I have figured out that after her morning feeding 7/8 - that is when I need to get things done because she usually goes back down for 2 hours or so. Later in the day - she gets fussier and needs to be held & cuddled more. She has started to smile... which is so awesome. I am not sure that she is always looking at me - but I think it is when I talk to her in a "sing-song" voice. I think it is great anyway.


Grandma Powell on the left and my Mom on the right




Aunt Tiffany sang the song "Masterpiece" by Sandi Patty





"My little lamb of God"


My former pastor Dwight Rine performed the dedication... he was in town to perform my cousin's wedding.


The current pastor in Massena, Tim Montgomery, led in prayer.


This is the fam!!!!
My sister Tiffany, Mom, my sister in law Jenn, my brother Tony, and my nephew Brandon.


It was awesome to see some of my Canadian side of the family. My Dad couldn't make it to the dedication but some of the rest of the family did.
Starting on the right: My cousin Samantha, her son Oliver 10 days old, my cousin Ian, Grandma Powell, Aunt Nancy, my cousin Victoria, and she is holding Samantha's other child - Kayden.

Here is the gang all together. I really should have got a picture taken with all the "Straight" side of the family ... but we have grown immensely and probably would have needed a panoramic shot to get all the aunts, uncles, cousins, 2nd cousins.... I am sure that they all know how much I love and appreciate them even though they didn't get their picture taken. :-P


Admit it. This is the cutest baby you have ever seen!!! (Unless you have kids of your own. ha ha.)

5 comments:

Patty said...

Thank you. We have been waiting for new pictures of this cutie pie!! It was nice that you could have the dedication with so many family there.
P.S I grew up with Dougs wife Lois~ small world

Regi said...

yes, very cute baby!

Anonymous said...

Hi..I've been looking for an update, too, and just decided I'd check one more time before leaving the computer. :-) I've never heard the song, but it's nice and I'm sure Tiff did a great job singing it! I've already ordered some of the dedication pictures..they're very special. Glad some of your Powell family were able to come. I'm trying to get my pictures in order for my album - but am waiting for a few fill-in or replacement prints for the wedding, as well as the dedication ones. Love you all lots. Aunt Mern

Liz said...

Tara,
So good to see you yesterday. Yeah, the screaming baby at the store is normal, but obviously you're figuring out how to deal with it. :>) Talk about "continuing education." It really will get better.

Your girl is beautiful - enjoy every moment. Time starts absolutely flying after children join the family!

Belle said...

She is very cute! Thanks for going out of order and showing the dedication first!! :-)